Getting 10,000 steps a day can be easier than you think. Here are some great tips to get you closer to this goal.
1. Park your car further away from your office door or the mall doors
2. Take the stairs. No one says you have to take the elevator. "Each flight of stairs you add to your day is roughly the equivalent of taking 38 steps on flat ground."
3. Walk the dog. Yes i know it so much easier to just let them outside but taking them for a walk will be relaxing for you and will make your puppy love you even more.
4. Select coffee shops, restaurants and banks in walking distance. Leave the car at home or work & walk instead.
5. Walk to and from school to drop off your child instead of the kiss & drop. This can help control some road rage as well;)
6. Instead of sitting on the bench on your phone while your child is at practice, opt to walk the parameter of the soccer field, hockey arena or gym for the hour. Some rinks have walking tracks around them as an added bonus.
7. Get a FitBit or other step tracking app and join a step challenge. This often brings about a lot of friendly competition.
8. Go Hands Free at the office if you can. Pop in an earbud and take that conference call on the go.
9. Play with your kids. Playing a game of hide and seek, soccer or even flying a kite will help with your step count.